The ICARUS beta platform release is constantly updated with new functionalities and improvements along the three core workflows provided to data providers and data consumers as described in earlier announcements (e.g. MVP features, beta platform and updated beta platform posts).
The Data Check-in Workflow allows data providers to efficiently check-in their data to the ICARUS platform by configuring their data check-in jobs and execute it locally in their On-Premise Worker or directly in the Cloud. In addition to the functionalities that have been described in previous posts, the Data Check-in Workflow now also involves:
- Support for checking in aviation data that are exposed through API endpoints by their data providers. In this case, the Encryption step is not applicable and the On-Premise Worker is not required in order to execute the data check-in job.
- Release of the On-Premise Worker for Linux (in addition to the corresponding Windows and MacOS releases that are already available).
Data Search & Acquisition
The Data Search & Acquisition Workflow allows data consumers to navigate to the ICARUS marketplace and legitimately acquire the data assets of interest. In addition to the functionalities that have been described in previous posts, the Data Search & Acquisition Workflow now also involves:
- Searching for the data assets a consumer may need, with the help of various filters. Applications (in addition to datasets) are now available in the ICARUS marketplace. Applications represent analytics workflows that have been created in the Analytics Workbench in the ICARUS Platform and can be shared through the ICARUS Platform in case their provider marks them as public or private.
- Building detailed queries within the data. Through the Query Builder functionalities, the data consumers can find out whether the dataset contains the values they are looking for and which combinations of datasets could potentially provide it.
- Navigating to stored queries through the Query History, allowing the data asset consumers to edit, delete or re-execute any query.
- Contract preparation and management between the data asset provider and consumer for sharing applications (in addition to datasets that were already supported) in a legitimate way. Contracts for applications are “combo” contracts as they refer to both the datasets (that must belong to the same provider as the application or be open data) and the analytics workflow that are acquired together.
Data Analytics & Visualization
The Data Analytics & Visualization Workflow allows data providers and consumers to efficiently prepare their own and purchased data to run analytics and visualize the results. In addition to the functionalities that have been described in previous posts, the Data Analytics & Visualization Workflow now also involves:
- Additional data manipulation methods to create the features that are required for an analysis, as well as a results preview functionality per step.
- Redesign of the application creation interfaces allowing a more user-friendly experience, defining the analytics workflow of an application, containing the algorithms that you want to execute and their parameters along with your organization’s (own and acquired) and virtual datasets
- Scheduling the execution of an application periodically in the future.
- Intuitive visualization of the analytics results, allowing you to customize step-by-step all visualization parameters. New features: Saving the visualization charts is now available.
The functionalities of the ICARUS beta platform can be demonstrated on demand if you are interested to join the platform!
Blog post prepared by Suite5.